Full time weekday hours.
Competive Salary (DOE)
ADLENS Head Office Enysham, UK
We are seeking a new member to join the team and be part of an innovative optical company that is a global leader in adaptive focus lenses.
Your work will help us develop ground-breaking new products that will help give people back the vision they have lost.
It’s a really exciting time to join the Adlens team, as we are getting ready to launch our new and innovative piece of eyewear into the market. You will be working with a team of highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are all working towards a common goal, but we always make sure that we have fun along the way, with regular group activities and social events.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO THE TEAM
As Metrology Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team, enabling component understanding and providing feedback to the design, process development and operations teams.
You will be leading the development, qualification and implementation of metrology technologies for characterising optical and general engineering components.
One your key responsibilities will be to manage internal test equipment, fixturing and reporting to the wider team. Your role will require close and efficient coordination with the design and manufacturing teams and liaison with third party suppliers.
Flexibility will be needed where appropriate to support testing of components and sub-assemblies.
Experience with optical components will be a distinct advantage.
THESE ARE THE EXCITING THINGS WILL YOU BE WORKING ON?
• Having overall responsibility for existing test equipment (maintenance, calibration, and training)
• Defining, developing, and implementing optical metrology solutions including instrument and test method selection alongside the design team.
• T&M Software and instrument qualification to demonstrate measurement procedure reliability, repeatability and accuracy e.g., Gauge R&R, Stability, repeatability test plans, execution, analysis and documentation.
• Lead the implementation and maintenance of new and existing product test plans, protocols and training
• Setup and execute new test methods on existing equipment in support of both product development and operations.
• Data analysis to acertain measurement capability and confidence (Minitab, Excel)
• Fixture design, prototyping, sourcing, and qualification.
• Supporting the generation of product specifications and associated test methods
• Documentation to support product and development quality assurance in test and measurement.
THE EXPERTISE YOU WILL BRING WITH YOU TO THE POSITION
Ideally we would like you to have a minimum of 5years experience in a metrology role – if that role was in the optical field, that would be even better!
You need to have experience material testing, testing planning and validating processes for equipment and test methods aong with gauge R&R experience and knowledge of Six Sigma processes in T&M.
If you have experience with metrology fixture design and have used OGP metrology equipment and its programming capability, along with a keen eye for detail, then we want to hear from you.
OTHER THINGS MAKE YOU RIGHT FOR THE ROLE
• Team player, who can contribute ideas and recomendations
• Pragmatic approach for the best results
• Keen to work and adaptable
• Aptitude to learn, take on and resolve complex problems
• Eligible to work in the UK
QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS JOB
Bachelors / Masters Degree in a Mechanical Engineering or Design discipline prefered, or related subject
Competitive salary (depending on experience)
INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE?