Graduate Software Engineer
Full time weekday hours.
Competitive Salary (DOE) / TBD
ADLENS Head Office Enysham, UK
At Adlens we are pioneering the development of lenses that change focus like the human eye – enhancing vision in AR, VR and eyewear.
Now that Adlens is growing, we have the opportunity to recruit a science graduate to join our R&D team as a Graduate Software Engineer. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with scientists and engineers in a cross-functional team with a strong focus on quality and innovation. You will be in at the start of the company’s software development journey with an opportunity to help shape the way things are done whilst coming up-to-speed with some of the latest technologies and techniques.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a science graduate who wishes to embark on a career in software engineering but who is not quite ready to leave behind their interest in science.
A minimum of two days per week in the office will be required, but as this is a graduate role there may be a need for you to be in the office more regularly, so you must be based within a commutable distance of Oxford.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Working alongside the development team to builds product prototypes for development and testing. For purposes internal and external to the company.
• Perform complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications and instructions.
– Working with small components, manual tooling, precision assembly, dextrious tasks
• Proactively look to improve; product, processes, procedures, working environment, operations….
• Perform final checks and adjustments for any defects to ensure high quality products.
• Operation of specilised manufacturing equipment with pre-programmed routines.
• Track own work/actvity alongside targets and report progress, issues and obstacles.
• Maintain work area clean, safe and orderly.
• Monitor the functioning of all equipment and report any problems or substandard condition to the supervisor.
• Conduct product testing and performance testing and record the results
• Support with duties as necessary alongside the rest of the team within a fast moving and flexible working environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A 2:1 or higher in a Mathematics or Physics based degree including modules on computing and optics.
• Experience in at least one of the following programming languages:
• Experience using Git source control.
• Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility and Self-motivation.
• Experience working in an agile software environment.
• Experience working with agile tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure DevOps, Jira etc.).
• Applicants will need grade 9–4 (A*-C) at GCSE in English, Maths and Science. No prior work experience is required. We are looking for people who are passionate about science; to be considered for interview, applicants must tell us in their application about their science interests.
ATTITUDE & MANNER
• Team player
• Flexible and willing to learn
• Positive, energetic and enthusiastic about new technologies
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Keen to work in a fast-moving rapidly changing entrepreneurial environment
• Excellent attendance and timekeeping
• Eligible to work in the UK
• It is essential that candidates have a good command of English and are able to communicate as part of a team
Competitive Salary- (DOE) / TBD
INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE?