Development Process Technician
Full time / Part-time upon candidate request
Recent graduate in a engineering / manufacturing discipline looking for their first role would be considered.
Based in Eynsham, Head Office (OX29 4TP)
Salary £20,000 to £25,000 per annum pro rata for part time.
Our team of scientists and engineers are developing the materials, technology, components and manufacturing methods to make variable focus lenses a practical reality for our hi-tech customers. Our employees all share the same philosophy of working hard, having fun and being part of one cohesive team. We are seeking a new member to join the team. Ideal role for a recent graduate in a engineering / manufacturing discipline looking for their first role would be considered.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Working alongside the development team to builds product protoypes for development and testing. For purposes internal and external to the company.
- Perform complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications and instructions.
- Working with small components, manual tooling, precision assembly, dextrious tasks
- To provide input into and development of new methods and techinques to improve quality, time and cost.
- Proactively look to improve; product, processes, procedures, working evironemnt, operations….
- Perform final checks and adjustments for any defects to ensure high quality products.
- Operation of specilised manufacturing equipment with pre-programmed routines.
- Provide overview of stock materials and supplies to avoid materials shortages.
- Track own work/actvity alongside targets and report progress, issues and obstacles.
- Helps assess process and product capability by tracking yields, equipment cycle rates and other product data.
- Maintain work area clean, safe and orderly.
- Monitor the functioning of all equipment and report any problems or substandard condition to the supervisor.
- Conduct product testing and performance testing and record the results
Essential experience and software skills
- Assembly of high tolerance precision devices in a clean room environment e.g. medical devices, consumer electronics, optical systems or small electro-mechanical devices.
- Knowledge of production processes and materials such as: adhesives, laser cutting, handling of small components.
- Working on new products / technologies that are not well established
- Good command of English; able to follow written work instructions and write clear, simple reports
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Applications
- Experience of working in accordance to ISO 13485, MDD and FDA 21 CFR regulations desirable.
- Product or material testing
- Apprenticeship or HNC in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
Please complete the form below or email your applications to email@example.com